Translate

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Relocating to Panama : On A Budget





When I first met my fiancé in Michigan , he was already living and doing business in Panama.   He would brag on the beauty and simplicity of the Republic of Panama (And the weather).  I was greatly intrigued, but I did not speak Spanish and was worried about the cost of living in another country.  Then as I began to do research on the Republic of Panama, there were a lot of incentives to relocate.  Panama has a growing economy that is ideal for a entrepreneur or motivated investor.  The cost of living for the most part is cheaper or comparable to the cost of living in the United States. It has even been boasted by the AARP as the best place to relocate for retirees.  I started to wonder if I did want to make a move on limited income and savings to Panama how easy it would be?


Well, to make a long story short, let me explain.  It is important to be open to living outside of Panama City.  The cost of living outside of Panama City, Panama is a lot cheaper when it comes to rent and even food markets can be cheaper.  If you are a retiree, living outside of the city will be ideal as there are a lot more English speaking locals, as well as, English speaking expats.   There is also the beautiful coastline and views of the ocean and nature. 

Within only a month of looking for a place to stay in Panama that fit my budget, my fiancé and I were able to secure a beautiful, fully furnished 2 bedroom/2 bathroom condo out in Coronado Beach for only 1500.00/ month.  While that is a little steep on some budgets, we are in the most ideal area right off the beach and our amenities are awesome such as access to the gym, sauna, beach club, four swimming pools and 2 whirl pools.  We are also located right on the golf course which is great for those who like to golf.  If you are worried about security and personal safety, don't be.  Most communities are usually gated or have a security officer on duty 24 hours a day.











No comments:

Post a Comment